- We can accept builder’s deposit / incentives up to 5%.
- 0 in 36 months (none outstanding).
Capital raising remortgage / refinance
- We can accept contractors with:
a. at least 3 months’ contracting history;
b. 12 months’ history within the same line of work; and
- c. 3 months’ remaining on the contract (or confirmation of renewal).
If it is the applicant’s first contract and there’s less than 6 months to run, the applicant must have been employed for at least 24 months in the same line of work. Other than medical professionals, applicants with multiple contracts will be considered on a self-employed basis.
- Crown employees, including members of the diplomatic service working overseas will be considered as a UK resident.
Debt management plan
- Must have been satisfied at least 24 months before and should not relate to a credit event in the previous 60 months.
- 0 in 36 months (none unsatisfied).
We ignore communications up to £250.
- A minimum of 3 months employment history is required, which can include both current and previous roles where there are no gaps in employment.
- We can consider applicants during their probationary period and who have been employed in their current job for less than 3 months (excluding zero hours contracts).
Evidence of deposit
- Savings from income: latest 6 months’ bank statements.
- Sale of current home: Memorandum of Sale together with redemption statement from current lender.
- Gift: gifted deposit form from each donor.
- Latest 6 months’ bank statements.
First time buyers
Foreign currency income
- Not accepted
- We can accept sole applications from a foreign national if they have permanent rights to reside, or:
a. LTV is not higher than 80%, AND
b. 2 years remaining on their visa OR 1 year remaining with a minimum income of £50,000 and 3 years’ UK residency history.
For joint applications where 1 applicant does not have a permanent right to reside, we can accept (and utilise their income for affordability) if:
a. 2 years remaining on their visa OR 1 year remaining with a minimum income of £50,000 and 3 years’ UK residency history.
- 100% gifted deposit acceptable, from any number of sources.
- We can consider gifted deposits outside of close family members.
- Guarantors are not considered.
HM Armed Forces
- Members of the British armed forces stationed overseas will be considered.
Acceptable income sources
We can consider up to 100% of the following income sources:
- PAYE Income
- Car allowance
- London / regional weighting
- Special duties allowance
- Travel allowance
- Unsocial hours payment
- Second job income
- Contract income
- Pension income
- Rental income
- Maintenance payments
- Child / working tax credits
- Child benefit
- Carer’s allowance (including foster allowance)
- Widowed parents Attendance,
- Employment & support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Incapacity allowance
- Industrial injuries disablement benefit
- Disability living allowance
- Personal independence payment
- Armed forces compensation scheme
- Armed forces independence scheme
We can consider a portion of:
- Bonus (50%)
- Commission (66%)
Lending into retirement
- We can consider applications where the term is due to expire beyond age 70 to (max) age 75 years. Where retirement is less than 10 years away, affordability will be assessed considering the anticipated retirement income.
Lending into retirement
- <10 years away from retirement age: if pension income is to be used for affordability, we will need to see the latest pension statement which will show a forecast of the pension amount.
- >10 years away from retirement age: evidence of contributions into a pension fund (including sale of other property and/or buy to let rental income) must be provided and will be reviewed on a proportionate basis.
- England only.
- We can consider a sole application even if the applicant is in a legally sanctioned relationship, for both purchases and refinances (an ILA may be required).
Maximum LTV / FTV
- 90% LTV for all acceptable loan / financing amounts. See product guide for latest availability of LTV which may be lower than this limit.
- For new build houses the maximum is 85% and for new build flats the maximum is 80%.
- Not to exceed the 75th birthday at the end of the term based on the eldest applicant (whose income is used for affordability).
- 4 applicants
Maximum loan / financing
- 40 years.
- 21 years
- At least one applicant must have a minimum income of £25,000 (a minimum of £30,000 is required in London and the South East).
Alternatively, a combined income of £50,000 can be considered for joint applications.
Minimum loan / financing
- 10 years.
Minimum unexpired lease
- 85 years must be remaining on the lease at the date of application.
- Deposits from overseas accounts can be considered.
- 1 not exceeding £300 in 36 months.
- 0 in last 12 months.
- StrideUp products are not portable.
Proof of income: employed
- Latest P60, 3 most recent payslips, latest bank statement showing the salary credit.
- If the applicant has just started their new role, and no payslips are available, we will accept a copy of the contract confirming the level of salary, and in addition, we will need the last 3 payslips from their previous role.
Proof of income: other sources
- Child benefit: Most recent award letter and most recent bank statement showing the credit.
- Working or Child Tax Credits: Most recent award letter and most recent bank statement showing the credit.
- Maintenance: A copy of the maintenance agreement, received under a Court Order and latest bank statement showing the credit.
- Pension income: Most recent pension statement (dated within last 12 months) and latest bank statement showing the pension credit.
- Universal credit: Most recent award letter and most recent bank statement showing the credit.
- State disability allowances: Latest benefits statement and latest bank statement showing the credit.
- Carers Allowance: Latest award notice.
- Widowed parents attendance: Latest award notice.
- Employment and support allowance: Latest award notice.
Proof of income: self-employed
- SA302 for the last 2 years, together with the Tax Year Overview (or 1 year if trading for less than 2 years) and 6 months business bank statements.
- Where 2 years’ SA302/Tax Year Overviews cannot be provided, other sources to evidence stability of income can be considered, subject to underwriter discretion.
- The property must be used by the customer for their own occupation. No commercial use is allowed (work from a home office / study is not considered commercial use).
Remortgage / refinance
- Accepted where the property was last purchased or remortgaged at least 6 months ago (unless remortgaging out of bridge financing).
- All applicants must have been a UK resident for the last 2 years.
For a joint application where 1 applicant hasn’t been resident for the required time, the application may still be considered with additional criteria.
- Not allowed - unless the property is a new build under construction, whereby the valuer will note within the valuation report, a retention amount equal to the ‘finished basis’ value.
Right to buy
- Not accepted.
- We can consider 100% of this income and if PAYE, our customer must have been working their primary job and second job for 6 months. We will need the latest P60 & 3 most recent payslips.
Secured arrears or missed payments
- 1 missed payment in 36 months.
- 0 in last 6 months.
Unsecured arrears or missed payments
- Worst status of 2 in last 24 months.
- We ignore communications up to £250.
- We can accept zero hour contract income where it is not the primary income source on an application, and the applicant has been employed on a zero hour contract within the same industry for at least 12 months.